Thursday, September 5, 2024

A deep breath

 The first day in nearly 4 months where I have some time to breathe and feel like the interminable to-do list can keep for tomorrow.

Went to Blossoms and got myself a book "Japanese Death Poems"... sounds morbid, but so far, very peaceful and peace-giving.

For the first time in 10 years I recently felt the desire to leave India for nicer climes- somewhere I don't have to worry about cockroaches, bed bugs, mosquitoes or lice (the newest entrant on my hit list of bugs). Our house has recently been overrun with all these and I feel like just when I have gotten the better of one of them, the next one comes in. Doesn't seem to matter how much I clean the kitchen every day and spray all sorts of herbal and non-herbal things everywhere. The lice, of course, are a curse of Indian schools everywhere- every house with a school-going daughter probably has to contend with these pests. The cockroaches are apparently due to the connection with the sewage- they crawl up and enter the house and then, of course, you are done for.

I must not waste this precious time on such inane matters. It is time to eat and then relax with my book of poetry. Felt the need to write something in this blog after a long time though... 

No comments: