Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Kids and Pregnancies and Men


I am trying to imagine all the men in my world as being pregnant. How might RK, for example, be?

He would get in his complaints, I think, but try to do so while pretending that he actually was not. He would talk about it like it was some kind of a scientific question, but pepper the statement with all his aches and pains.

"Oh, yeah, I think my deep throbbing knee pain is really due to the fact that my ..ahem.. lateral patellar retinaculum is being stretched. I wonder if there have been any studies done on how inflamed this muscle can get in pregnancies. I mean, I'm sure...ha ha... that I'm not the only pregnant man in the world to be in such great agony"

"You laugh, Varsha, but you don't know the stress! It's very stressful to not be in control of your own body! I don't know just how I manage it, but I must say, I have some incredibly good coping mechanisms. Hmm... you might do well to try some of them"

Or my dad:
"My motto in life is to grin and bear it.
Bloody hell! Where the h$##$$# is my $%##$$ towel? Who in bloody #$### moved the TV remote? Arrrggghhhh... if that truck doesn't move out of the street already, I'm going to PUNCH the damn ##$### wall!"


PG (thesis adviser, for those of you who don't know him):
"You know. It's interesting. They have all this technology, but they just cannot take a LITTLE vial of blood without clotting up your whole arm. I must tell Wishwa and ask him what kind of education these doctors get these days. Of course, these days, doctors don't do any kind of procedures. They only want to get more and more specialized"

LOL
This is fun. Now every time I meet a guy, I'm going to imagine him pregnant.
Not too many guys at MWRI, but quite a few at IDM- imagine the great Don Burke, or better yet, the skeletal Paolo. Snap! Just like that, they are all pregnant, at least 2 trimesters along, waddling down the corridors.




1 comment:

Rainbows ahead said...

If men were to go through pregnancy, I am sure the world population owuld be a tenth of what it is today :)