Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Hanging on....

7 days since my parents have left for India. I have managed things quite brilliantly.

I wake up at around 6; keep rice and dal in the cooker; wash the utensils; keep Durga's feeding bottles to boil; run up to brush teeth and take a bath; change clothes and run down and turn off the stove; make Ani's lunch; run up to change Durga's diaper and wake Ani up; run back down to pack his lunch; run back up to brush his teeth and get him ready for preschool; pick up Durga and play with her for a few minutes; run both of us back down and place her in the crib where she'll play; drink my milk; make breakfast for Ani; feed him; and off we go!

I'm in lab by 9:15 or so.

Is that efficient or what?

System works beautifully, unless I oversleep. But even then, I've got the steps until packing Ani's lunch down to 45 minutes pat. The step that is the most time-consuming is getting Ani to eat his breakfast, which always ends with me shoving the food down his throat.

Poor kid. I hope he's not too traumatized. He seems to view it all as a big joke, so I think he'll be fine.


__________************************************************____________________

Update on 22nd Aug (approximately 3 weeks since parents' departure)

Hmm... system needs reworking mainly because I lose my temper tremendously (Tremedous Inflammous would be my name, were I a character in Asterix) at Ani during breakfast.

Here's an updated version: make dal and rice at night. Eat breakfast with Ani. Much better moods all around.

No comments: