Friday, February 7, 2014

Jammin' to work

This morning, I came to work in my pyjamas.

Grad students do things like that, not postdocs. In my defense, the pyjamas were a good sight warmer  and more comfortable than my trousers. And I put the blame flatly on my kids- by the time I got done with my bath (yes, I did take one), the girl was howling, the boy was refusing to get out of bed and so on and so forth.

So while I ran around getting them ready for their respective schools, I totally forgot to replace my hastily-worn jammies with formal wear before leaving the house.

Realized my wardrobe accident when I was well into my work day. But I had an important noon meeting. So went to a nearby shop called Rue 21 which specializes in blingy, tight, and slightly trashy clothes to try to pick up something that could pass for a pair of formal trousers at a quick glance. The only thing I found was a pair of yoga pants that were too long. So then, came back to lab and stapled the feet up so they wouldn't drag on the floor.

Just when I thought I had my life in control....



No comments: