Sunday, August 20, 2017

What does success mean to me

While pondering about Jessica Pearson, I thought to myself, what does success mean to me?
So here's a list (so I don't forget):

a) Success means that I should have no money worries- I should be getting the salary I deserve. I shouldn't have to make do with less just because there is no money in the company or where ever.
b) Success means that I have a team of people I can rely on- senior and junior scientists, motivated, energetic people who can carry a project on by themselves. I'd be there for brain-storming or troubleshooting, but I shouldn't have to be in lab all the time.
c) Success means that people associate me with high quality and reliable work.
d) Success means that I work with everybody at every level, be it private firms, government or NGOs. It doesn't matter if it is 1 test or a 100,000. We should be able to do it.
e) Success means I have a vast network- people in different fields, people who trust me and whom I trust.
f) Success means that I contribute to my society in terms of service and scholarship.
g) Finally, success means that I get done with work related stuff by the evening so I have time to spend with the kids. Travels once in a while is okay. But there is no success if I don't get to hang out with my kids at the end of the day.


No comments: