Sunday, January 6, 2019

The Queasy Feeling Before Jumping In

This year is going to be make or break. I can feel it. I feel on the brink of so many big things. I have so many things to deliver, to fulfill the promises I've made to myself and then to the team and then to the larger groups around.

Beginning of this year, I felt really really queasy. My heart kept thudding every time I thought of the upcoming months and I felt almost reluctant to move ahead with planning for the year.

It helped to remember two things:
a) I felt the same exact way last year around this time. In fact, Ashoojit, RK and I were sitting in IISc canteen last Jan and talking about 2018 and I actually burst into tears because I was so stressed out. 
But somehow managed to muddle through the year reasonably ok. 
b) I am not alone! Need to keep reminding myself this. I have a strong team backing me up and the more help I take, the better off I'll be.

Ok 2019. *deep breath* 
Bring it on. 


No comments: