Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Windfall

 One person's petty change is another person's windfall... 

Or maybe it's the same person at different points of time. 

Sometime in 2022, I had barely any money in my bank account...a couple of hundred rupees... and the company account wasn't faring too much better,  I think...I had earmarked funds for salaries and didn't want to touch that amount for drawing an advance or something. 

I had sufficient funds in my metro card so could travel around, and had access to good food at home (and knew that if push came to shove,  i could always ask the man to transfer some moolah to my account,  but wasn't ready to do that yet) so I wasn't suffering by any means but the pressure of my nearly empty account was on my mind.  

And all of a sudden,  I got a notification that some 2000 rupees had been deposited into my account as an honorarium for some talk I had given.  My heart leapt in joy.  Such bliss, such gratitude and such warmth towards the world!

I think the biggest thing I have learned from my experience with entrepreneurship is to never take money for granted, and, simultaneously,  never to get too attached to it.  


No comments: