Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Preggo status

Today I milked my pregnant status for all it was worth.

I had my thesis committee meeting today, and I got away with:
submitting a report less than 24 hours before the meeting (it is to be submitted at least one week before the meeting),
a presentation that lasted perhaps 30 minutes (usually they last for 3 times as long)
and having no additional experiments suggested AND
the meeting ended with an undisputed consensus to let me graduate soon-perhaps even by the end of the year! (Inshallah, let it happen!)




My friend Advay, when he was here in Pittsburgh last week, told me that I wasn't taking full advantage of my condition. He told me that I should get people to do WHATever I wanted. Advay, my buddy, see how good things happen to people who wait? *smirk*

3 comments:

Ashwin said...

Hey Varsh!

Committee meeting aced! Naaaice!
What are children for after all :)

I totally 2nd Advay btw - time is running out, soak up all attn and USE it for general personal good :D

Nyx said...

Congratulations!!! This is big news....

And as Advai says take advantage of the pregnancy these last few weeks atleast and pamper yourself... you totally desrve it...

Anonymous said...

Excellent! Congratulations! That's great news. I just emailed you about it. Should've checked here first. :) I wouldn't give all the credit to your pregnancy. I'm sure you did an awesome job there!

So what now? Are you taking time off and relaxing? I hope you are. It's a break you need and earned :)