Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Blech!


So, some time ago, I had bumped into JY at the salad bar in the cafeteria and she was looking for the balsamic vinaigrette. JY is one of my role models: she's a mom with two kids, a kick-ass scientist and very straight-forward and very friendly. I gave her the one I normally use, which is in one of those big plastic bottles next to Ranch, Italian etc. She literally shuddered and said, "Oh God, I am morally opposed to any dressing that has sugar and high fructose corn syrup. I'm looking for the smaller glass bottle". 

I'd been pondering this for a while and so yesterday I thought I too should be ultra-healthy (forget the fact that I'm eating a salad for lunch! Instead of French fries!), and shunned the plastic bottle and hunted for the small glass bottle which just has vinegar with some grape juice in it. I liberally doused my salad in the stuff and with a feeling of extreme virtue, tried to eat it. 

It was AWFUL! Oh. My. God! My whole lunch was spoiled because of that excessively healthy nonsense. 

I'm going to stick with the unhealthy dressing from now on.

No comments: