Monday, October 27, 2014

A wise book

My dad had told me about Dorothy Sayers and the Peter Wimsey series ages ago. I had even checked out the first book "Whose Body?" from the library, but never got around to finishing it somehow. This time, I skipped straight to "Strong Poison", where Peter meets Harriet and falls in love (a bit quickly, but still) and then to "Gaudy Night".

I'm still reeling from the effects of "Gaudy Night". I read it online, never a good strategy if one finds a book good enough to lose oneself in, so I must, absolutely must get the actual solid text in my hands and read it so well the next times that I have the book memorized. Have I ever said this of any other book? Never. This book is that good. There is wisdom in it.

More on it when I can expound in better detail.


No comments: