Friday, June 3, 2011

Lessons, lessons and more lessons

Feels like I've just been learning stuff from a variety of people these past few weeks. I hope somebody in the world feels like they are learning things from me... might balance out things a bit and make me feel better.

Biggest lesson learned: from my son. It humbles me to say this, but my 1 year old son has a better attitude towards life, and especially towards ill health, than I do. No matter how shitty he feels (and he's had a pretty bad bout of some flu like illness), he always smiles and plays and is happy, as long as he is surrounded by family. No matter how hungry or tired he may be, he is ever willing to go exploring or try out something new.

Other lesson learned: from the man. Gosh, actually, strike that. There have been so many things that he wants me to improve upon that I don't even know where to start. I really need to think before I speak- that's the next biggest lesson learned.

Then from my mom: about how to engage little boys in play. My tendency is to give the kid a toy and expect him to learn how to play with it. I forget that unless I show him how to, and keep repeating this, he will never show any interest in it.

Enough things to ponder about for now.

No comments: