Wednesday, December 3, 2014

My munna Ani

We had taken the kids to the SVYM centers in Mysore and Sargur. Durgoose, while perfectly happy to keep running around, had forgotten her shoes in Bangalore (okay fine. I forgot her shoes in Bangalore), which meant that I had to keep carrying her over any patch that wasn't cool concrete. Also she kept snoozing off once in a while, another reason for the near-perpetual hoist.

We saw a whole ton of things at these places. And I was exhausted. Meeting people is fun only when one isn't taking care of kids at the same time. So after some time, I excused myself from the hospital tour and took the kids and went outside to sit in the shade of some trees. Durg went off to amuse herself with plucking leaves and flowers. Ani and I  sat on a bench and I said , "My back is hurting from carrying that little girl all over the world, bunny. I'm so tired".
Ani said, "You can lie down here on the bench, mummy", and then he scooted over to a  corner of the bench, folded his legs, patted his lap and said, "Here, put your head on my lap".

So I did. I stretched out on the bench with my head pillowed on Ani's lap and we both stared at some trees for some time. What bliss!

It didn't last for too long because Ani found out that he could tickle me much easier this way, and Durgoose decided she had to come and sit on my tummy and try to put her fingers into my nostrils and ears, but the whole episode was relaxing and fun and I felt so loved.

My munna Ani is growing up fast! But I hope and pray that he stays just as loving and kind as he was today.



No comments: